Not Just Books places a great deal of importance in customer privacy.
Not Just Books is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and those using our website site. We respect the confidentiality of the personal information which our customers provide us with. This policy covers the information we collect from you to process orders, provide services, such as our loyalty scheme, and for marketing purposes.
Not Just Books will never sell personal information under any circumstances and will never share personal information with third parties unless strictly necessary in order to provide services to you or to fulfil your order. We never store credit card details or any other financial information.
We use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
When an order is placed in the shop the information needed to complete it is transferred to our Customer order system. We mostly only need to know your name and a means to contact you. This can be a phone number or email address. If you wish to have a book delivered then we will also need your address. This information enables us to fulfil your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order. We do hold details of customers order history as this can often help with future orders. This information is stored electronically on a securely protected and encrypted hard drive. If you wish to have your details removed after completion of your order, please contact us at notjustbooks.co.uk
If sign up for a Not Just Books loyalty card we will ask if you would like also like to join our mailing list in which case we will need your email address. However, you may hold our loyalty card without joining the mailing list, in which case the only details we hold to administer the loyalty card scheme is your name and loyalty card number. We store this information securely on a protected and encrypted hard drive.
If you sign up to receive Not Just Books email newsletter we will only ask for your name and email address. We will then send you periodic newsletters containing book news, invitations to author events, promotions and competitions.
Your Rights and Information Requests
You have several rights, which we will endeavour to adhere to, and we will aim to respond to information requests within one month. Please note that we will need to ask for valid proof of identification before proceeding with any requests. Your rights are detailed below:
- RIGHT TO BE INFORMED – Individuals should be informed of how their data is collected, stored and processed in a clear, accessible way (the purpose of this Privacy Statement)
- RIGHT OF ACCESS – Individuals can request access to a copy of their data in electronic form and details of how it is processed
- RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION – Individuals are entitled to have their data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- RIGHT TO ERASURE – Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this permits individuals to request the deletion of their data
- RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – Individuals can request a halt on processing if they object to accuracy or purpose but you can still hold the data until resolved (this would be an immediate action by us)
- RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY – Individuals can request their data in a suitable digital format, sent either directly to them or to a third party
- RIGHT TO OBJECT – Individuals can object to the processing of their data
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Who to contact
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date, and you may ask us to correct or remove information at any time. If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to the data we hold about you, as listed above, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with data protection. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website at https://ico.org.uk
Not Just Books is the trading name of Not Just Books Limited.